The College of Chicago was established to provide educational resources to individuals seeking to enrich their careers, prepare for further education, and assimilate to American culture while studying in the United States. Through the provision of ESL and TOEFL programs, the College enables individuals to acquire the skills and competencies as well as the confidence needed to achieve their goals. The core of the College of Chicago’s mission is to offer the highest quality education program to each student, fostering his or her growth and development.
Vision and Goals
It is the stated vision of the College of Chicago to be an institution that not only offers and outstanding English language program to prepare students for college (undergraduate or graduate level, work), but also offers students a next step in achieving their academic and vocational goals. To do so, the school has identified the following broad goals to support the mission:
- To be an exemplary language program where teachers and program directors from other institutions come to observe and train.
- To produce results for our students by maintaining a data driven, dynamic learning environment.
- To focus on English proficiency for those who are not native speakers.
- To prepare students to achieve their personal, educational, and career goals through improvement of their English language skills.
- To encourage student accountability by offering high quality instruction that is rigorous and enables students to adjust more easily to American life and culture.
- To provide exceptional educational opportunities for the career-oriented individual seeking professional advancement, as well as for the individual who is seeking to acquire proficiency in the English language and an understanding of American culture.
- To help students establish an educational plan and select an appropriate course of study that will allows students to not only graduate but succeed beyond graduation.
- To ensure student satisfaction by offering the highest caliber of instruction and student services.
- To actively participate with local community organizations in order to provide students opportunities for growth and development within and outside of school.
- To be open and transparent in regard to the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of students and the school as enrollment, and to ensure that questions are answered as quickly as possible.