TEST OF ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE PREPARATION PROGRAM
This program is designed for students intending to take the TOEFL iBT® exam to gain admission into an American university or to fulfill career requirements. The program includes classroom instruction hours, lab simulation practices, and development of critical thinking skills. Since our program is also designed to prepare you for college-level classes and a real-world career, you will learn more than just test-taking skills.
The course aims to develop our students' reading, listening, speaking, writing, grammar and vocabulary. By the end of this course, students should feel confident to achieve the test scores they need to gain acceptance into university, speak on a variety of academic topics and pursue a professional career in the English-speaking world. We strive to provide one of the best TOEFL iBT® preparation courses for students with goals of going to the top universities.
9:00-1:30pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
CORE COURSES ELEMENTS
- Skills for identifying context clues and understanding academic vocabulary
- Language skills and techniques for listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Critical thinking skills and time-management skills for the test
- Research skills and university style essay writing
- Summarizing skills for explaining new concepts and theories
- Presentation and discussion skills needed for real American university coursework
REQUIREMENTS & CLASS SIZE
To apply for the TOEFL program, you must have appropriate English language knowledge. A placement test will be given to you to decide if you are appropriate for the class. All students must have at least a higher-intermediate, B2, English proficiency level. Each classroom will have no more than 14 students, guaranteeing maximum student-teacher interaction.
Sample Day of Instruction
UPON COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM, STUDENTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- Successfully prepare for the exam and future academic pursuits by applying skills such as inference recognition, summarizing, paraphrasing, and note taking;
- Apply the skills and academic vocabulary learned in classroom instruction to excel on the TOEFL iBT®; and
- Critically assess and develop the academic skills necessary to survive in an English university or career field
For details please visit Tuition Page.